AANA COVID-19 Resources and Guidance for CRNAs (Link to Main AANA Page)
- AANA Joint Statement on Use of PPE During COVID-19 Pandemic
- AANA Statement Supporting Healthcare Workers Being Allowed to Use Self-Supplied PPE
- How the CARES Act Helps CRNAs
Balzano Government Relations Updates
- SBA Lenders List
- 04/15/2020 Economic Development Department Webinars
- 04/02/2020 Paycheck Protection Program Summary
- 03/30/2020 CARES Act Updates & Resources Memo
- 03/27/2020 CARES Act Memo
- 03/21/2020 COVID-19 Economic Resources Memo
- Balzano Government Relations Insights Page - Memos & Additional Resources
In effort to connect our members with resources, NMANA will be keeping a list of members available for locum coverage in New Mexico, as well as a list of those in need of coverage for vacation/sick leave. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, availability, and need. We will do our best to share your information/need with other members throughout the state.
CRNA Practice Recognition Awards
NMANA Virtual Conference October 2021
Applications and fee must be received by Saturday, July 31, 2021
The purpose of this annual event is to acknowledge and honor CRNAs in New Mexico who have demonstrated outstanding clinical skills, leadership, patient advocacy, and promotion of excellence in the nurse anesthesia profession.
Winners in each category will be acknowledged at the state conference and then acknowledged again in their local papers and other publications to let the public know who their exceptional anesthesia providers are in their community.
We are enthusiastic and ready to let the “Land of Enchantment” know who we are!
The following are the categories you may nominate CRNAs for:
CRNA Rural Practice Award
This award recognizes a CRNA who actively practices in rural NM, making a difference in a community’s safety inpatient care and promoting access to health care. Rural communities are defined by Eligibility of Rural Health Care Practitioner Tax Credit Program.
New Mexico Department of Health: https://nmhealth.org/about/phd/hsb/oprh/rhcptc/
CRNA Exemplary Leadership Award
This award recognizes a CRNA who promotes the CRNA profession in areas such as management, political activity, or public relations in NM.
CRNA Military Service Recognition Award
This award recognizes a NM CRNA who is a current or former service member of any military branch for their service to our country.
Excellence in Obstetrical Anesthesia Care
This award recognizes a CRNA who stands out in excellence in providing women’s healthcare in NM.
Distinguished CRNA of the Year
This award recognizes a CRNA who provides excellence in care, has made a difference in anesthesia safety and practice either locally or statewide, or has been a political activist for patient care locally or statewide, and has gone “above and beyond” in care of NM residents.
Lifetime Achievement Award
This is a retired or post-humous award to recognize NM CRNAs who gave their time to serving NM residents in the past, paving the way for future CRNAs to practice. The CRNA must have practiced in NM for 15 years during their career. This award will accept up to three winning CRNAs each year.
Exceptional Patient Care Award
This award is a patient-nominated award for a CRNA providing exceptional care. There is no fee to nominate a CRNA for this award.
$75.00 paid to NMANA Practice Recognition Awards - PAY FEE HERE
Application and fee must be received by Saturday, July 31st 2021.
- A candidate must be resident of New Mexico and practicing primarily in New Mexico.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award does not require current residency in NM.
- Anyone can nominate a CRNA (patients, family members, colleagues, supervisors, organizations). The Exceptional Patient Care Award must be nominated by a patient or family member of the patient on behalf of the patient.
- Nominee and nominator are encouraged work together to complete the nomination form for accuracy.
- Nominees must not be subject to any notification, limitation/restriction to practice, under investigation, disciplinary process or undergoing performance management.
- Nominee must provide a professional reference.
A selection committee will be appointed consisting of CRNAs and other designees as reviewers and scorers of the nominations. A scoring key will be used to assign points to each category. Points will be awarded for quality of care, community and professional development, leadership qualities, educational development, and CRNA advocacy. Be sure to include all of your nominee’s outstanding qualities in your letter. The committee will determine the winners based on category points. Nominators and nominees names will be blinded to ensure impartiality. After the selection process has been completed, the names of the nominees will be revealed. The winners of the awards will not be announced until the time of the awards presentations.
Tell us about your nominee! Nominations can be submitted to the selection committee
Potential information to include in letter:
In a brief letter, describe how the nominee goes “above and beyond” in the CRNA category in which you are nominating him/her for. The letter must not be longer than two pages, double spaced, size 12 font. In addition to your own story, include the following if applicable:
- Describe how the nominee demonstrates excellent standard of practice and professional performance in anesthesia (such as commitment to safe and high quality care by implementing a quality improvement project, or advocating politically for patient safety standards.)
- Describe how the nominee has participated in community/professional organization advocacy.
- Describe how the nominee demonstrates leadership qualities (which include acting as a role model and advocate) in the workplace, the profession, and community.
- Describe how the nominee demonstrates an active role in the educational development of self, colleagues, and the community.
- Describe how the nominee has contributed to the advancement of the CRNA profession in NM.
Be sure to include in your letter why this nominee is deserving of the award you are nominating for, two-page maximum, double spaced. After the first two pages, the letter contents will not be included in scoring criteria.
Thank you for nominating an NMANA member for the 2020 CRNA Recognition Awards! The nomination fee is $75.00/nomination. If you are paying for more than 10 nominations, please enter your total payment amount in the "other" field.
Please include the name(s) of the nominee(s) so that we can match nominations to nomination fees.
If you have any questions, please contact NMANA at [email protected]Donate
Alex Bazan published NMANA 2020 Virtual Conference - Student Registration 2020-02-26 15:26:58 -0700
*Make sure you are charged for the correct registration rate. If the ticket levels on the left are not correct, please clear your selection and choose only the option that fits your desired registration.
Full Student Conference Registration - $250 (you do not need to select each day of registration in addition to the full conference registration)
Student Single Day Rate - $125/dayDonate
Alex Bazan published NMANA 2020 Virtual Conference - Thank You for Registering! in Events 2020-02-25 22:12:17 -0700
Thank you for registering for NMANA's 2020 Virtual Conference!
Please check your email for confirmation. If you have any questions, please contact Laura Moritz at [email protected] or (336) 577-8450.
Help us fulfill our mission to support, inspire and advance the profession of nurse anesthesia in New Mexico by contributing to the New Mexico Association of Nurse Anesthetists! Your contribution allows us to continue our work of supporting CRNAs to be leaders in patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and education.
NMANA is a 501(c)6 organization and donations are not tax-deductible.Donate
Thank you for donating to NMANA! Your contribution allows us to continue our mission to support, inspire and advance the profession of nurse anesthesia in New Mexico.
Please check your email for a contribution receipt. If you have any questions about your contribution, please contact NMANA at [email protected]
NMANA Board of Directors
No meetings scheduled at this time. Check back soon!
NMANA Government Relations Committee
No meetings scheduled at this time. Check back soon!
Alex Bazan donated 2017-10-14 13:38:42 -0600
The nonpartisan New Mexico Association of Nurse Anesthetists Political Action Committee makes contributions to legislators who support NMANA's interests. The PAC is funded by individual donations from our members -- thank you for your support!Donate
Registration Now Open!
NMANA 2021 Virtual Fall Conference
October 9, 2021Stress Management | PTSD & how it effect Healthcare Workers| Business of Anesthesia | NBCRNA CPC Update| Advocacy Update | State of the Industry$200 NMANA Members | $250 Non-Members | $100 Students
This program is designed to meet standards for 7.0 Class A CE credits & 1 Class B CE Credit