ARTICLE 5: OFFICERS
Section 1. The officers of this Corporation shall be a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Section 2. Officers shall serve a two year term or until their successor is elected.
Section 3. Duties of Officers: Officers shall perform the duties prescribed by these bylaws; perform those duties as usually pertain to their respective offices; and perform those duties prescribed by the Board of Directors.
A. The President shall:
- Preside at the meetings of this Association and the Board of Directors.
- Appoint standing committees, except the nominating committee and special committees subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Be a member ex-officio of all committees, except the nominating committee.
- Prepare and read at each annual meeting of the New Mexico Association of Nurse Anesthetists a report of the work of the year.
- Approve bills, either verbally or written, before payment is made.
- Notify members of the Board of Directors of meetings of the Board.
- When feasible, represent this Association at the annual meeting of the AANA.
- Keep the President-elect informed of Association affairs.
B. The Vice President shall:
- Assume the duties of the President in the event of the latter’s inability to serve.
- Be responsible for the upkeep and updating of the association website, or as appointed.
C. The Secretary shall:
- Keep the minutes of the meetings of this Association and the Board of Directors.
- Notify officers of their election and members of their committee appointments.
- Notify members of meetings.
- Send the Executive Director of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists and editor of “El Sol” the names and addresses of Officers, and Directors after their election, names of committees after their appointment and reports of meetings or other activities.
- Send copies of important correspondence and information regarding matters of general business of this Association to the President.
- Keep an alphabetical list of members and their addresses.
- Send welcome letter to new members based on quarterly AANA membership lists.
- Send quarterly updates to membership, or as appointed.
D. The Treasurer shall:
- Receive monies of this Association, pay bills, and disburse funds as directed by the Board of Directors and approved by the President.
- Deposit funds as designated by the Board of Directors.
- Prepare an annual budget for the Association.
- Prepare a report for the annual meeting.
- Chair the Finance-Audit Committee.
- See that the records of the Association are audited biannually by an independent accountant/auditor.
- Manage diligently the investments of the Association and make recommendations to the Board of directors on long and short term goals.
E. The Past-President shall:
- Serve as editor of the “El Sol” newsletter, or as appointed.