New Mexico Association of Nurse Anesthetists (NMANA)
Inaugural New Mexico Nurse Anesthesia
Friday, October 13, 2017
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the awards is to acknowledge and honor CRNAs in New Mexico who have demonstrated outstanding clinical skills, leadership, and promotion of excellence in nurse anesthesia.
Recognizing a New Mexico CRNA who provides excellence in nurse anesthesia care, has made a demonstrated difference in patient care in New Mexico (either locally or statewide), and has shown an exceptional level of enthusiasm, professionalism, and involvement in community. (May be active or retired).
Recognizing a CRNA who actively practices in rural New Mexico, providing safe and high quality anesthesia services and ensuring access to health care in rural communities. Rural communities are defined by Eligibility of Rural Health Care Practitioner Tax Credit Program.
(New Mexico Department of Health: https://nmhealth.org/about/phd/hsb/oprh/rhcptc/)
This award is given to a CRNA who demonstrates exceptional care, passion, leadership, and enthusiasm in obstetric anesthesia.
Tuesday, August 31, 2017
- A candidate must be resident of New Mexico and/or practicing primarily in New Mexico.
- Nominees must be members of NMANA.
- Anyone can nominate a CRNA (patients, family members, colleagues, supervisors, organizations).
- Nominee and nominator are encouraged work together to complete the nomination form for accuracy.
- Nominees must not be subject to any notification, limitation/restriction to practice, under investigation, disciplinary process or undergoing performance management.
- Nominee must provide one professional reference.
A selection committee consisting of advanced practice nurse practitioners and CRNAs will serve as reviewers and scorers of the nominations. Nominators and nominees names will be blinded to ensure impartiality. After the selection process has been completed, the names of the nominees will be revealed. The winners of the awards will not be announced until the evening of the awards ceremony (banquet, dinner).
A scoring key will be used to assign points to each category. The committee will determine the winners based on category points.