ARTICLE 3: TAX STATUS, INCORPORATION AND OBJECTIVES
The Association is organized and incorporated under the laws of The State of New Mexico to operate as an exempt business league within the meaning of Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (or similar provision of any future revenue law), (the “CODE”). The Association is primarily dedicated to promoting the professional and educational advancement of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, which shall include, but are not limited to:
- Elevating nurse anesthesia education standards.
- Promoting continual high quality patient care.
- Developing and promoting standards of practice in the field of nurse anesthesia.
- Facilitating effective cooperation between nurse anesthetists, anesthesiologists, and other members of the medical profession, the nursing profession, hospitals, and agencies representing a community of interest in nurse anesthesia.
- Collaboration with the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Advancing the science and art of anesthesia.
- Providing opportunities for continuing education in anesthesia.
- Providing members with information and direction pertaining to government (State and Federal) policy as it imports on anesthesia in general and nurse anesthesia in particular.