The Nomination Period for the 2020 Awards has closed. Check back in 2021 for information about next year's awards.
The purpose of this annual event is to acknowledge and honor CRNAs in New Mexico who have demonstrated outstanding clinical skills, leadership, patient advocacy, and promotion of excellence in the nurse anesthesia profession.
Winners in each category will be acknowledged at the state conference and then acknowledged again in their local papers and other publications to let the public know who their exceptional anesthesia providers are in their community.
We are enthusiastic and ready to let the “Land of Enchantment” know who we are!
The 2020 nomination period has closed. Check back in 2021 for information about next year's awards.
- A candidate must be an NMANA member, a resident of New Mexico, and practicing primarily in New Mexico.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award does not require current residency in NM.
- Anyone can nominate a CRNA (patients, family members, colleagues, supervisors, organizations). The Exceptional Patient Care Award must be nominated by a patient or family member of the patient on behalf of the patient.
- Nominee and nominator are encouraged to work together to complete the nomination form for accuracy.
- Nominees must not be subject to any notification, limitation/restriction to practice, under investigation, disciplinary process, or undergoing performance management.
- Nominations must include a professional reference.
* If a committee member is nominated for a category, he/she may not sit in on the judging of that category. A CRNA is eligible to win in one category each year.
The following are the categories you may nominate CRNAs for:
CRNA Rural Practice Award
This award recognizes a CRNA who actively practices in rural NM, making a difference in a community’s safety inpatient care and promoting access to health care. Rural communities are defined by Eligibility of Rural Health Care Practitioner Tax Credit Program.
New Mexico Department of Health: https://nmhealth.org/about/phd/hsb/oprh/rhcptc/
CRNA Exemplary Leadership Award
This award recognizes a CRNA who promotes the CRNA profession in areas such as management, political activity, or public relations in NM.
CRNA Military Service Recognition Award
This award recognizes a NM CRNA who is a current or former service member of any military branch for their service to our country.
Excellence in Obstetrical Anesthesia Care
This award recognizes a CRNA who stands out in excellence in providing women’s healthcare in NM.
Distinguished CRNA of the Year
This award recognizes a CRNA who provides excellence in care, has made a difference in anesthesia safety and practice either locally or statewide, or has been a political activist for patient care locally or statewide, and has gone “above and beyond” in care of NM residents.
Lifetime Achievement Award
This is a retired or post-humous award to recognize NM CRNAs who gave their time to serving NM residents in the past, paving the way for future CRNAs to practice. The CRNA must have practiced in NM for 15 years during their career. This award will accept up to three winning CRNAs each year.
Exceptional Patient Care Award
This award is a patient nominated award for a CRNA providing exceptional care. There is no fee to nominate a CRNA for this award.